2014 Foucart Award
Indian Meridian Monument Marker
The monument was erected about 1922. It marks the meridian used in 1870 to divide the Oklahoma and Indian Territories. It remains a reference point for all land surveys in Oklahoma, Roosevelt Haney, Jr led the restoration of the project with the support of Langston University. Bricks and sponsorships were sold to help fund the project. The Monument is located at the intersection of E. Washington Ave and Indian Meridian Road in Langston.